Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Creative Entry #2: Something I Rarely Do


Today I tried something I rarely do, mostly because I avoid having to do aything of this sort if possible, and that would be a self portrait using photography.

I don't much consider myself attractive or photogenic, and while I'll admit this was an assigment for my photography class (otherwise I'd never have done it) I still consider it a creative process. I started of with no idea what to do, then decided that because of my general shyness in front of cameras I'd try focusing on the light streaming from my dorm room window, which would put me in shadow and spare the viewer from having to stare at my face. I then tinkered around with posing, sitting on the sill, looking out, and it all looked so static ... until I had an accident with the machine-gun mode and this series of photos ensued.

If I could change it I'd go back and not make such a ridiculous face, but I've tried and tried again to get the lighting but it's either too dark or too bright. Well ... it's a documentation of my failures, at least.


--Sak

No comments:

Post a Comment